History of the Trafalgar Schools' Federation
Our centenary year in 2005 celebrated our continuing tradition of being at the heart of our local community.
The name of both schools is in commemoration of the Battle of Trafalgar, with the original primary school's foundation stone being laid in 1905 on the one hundredth anniversary of this event. Download our Centenary Booklet.
Trafalgar Schools' Federation
In 2018 the Infant School and Junior School became a Federation, though they are run as two separate schools.
Mrs Optholt is our Executive Headteacher of both schools.
As part of a Private Finance Initiative (PFI) agreement between the London Borough of Richmond and a private finance company, a completely new building was constructed in Meadway. This is the Early Years Centre which jointly accommodates the Infant School's Reception classes and a nursery run by a private company, Bright Horizons. As part of the same agreement the original buildings were refurbished and extended and accommodate our Y1 and Y2 classes on the Gothic Road side of the site and Y3, 4, 5 & 6 classes on the Elmsleigh Road side of the site.